Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Gluten Free Kiwi

Kiora and Welcome to The Gluten Free Kiwi

My Names Lucy, and I am one of the many New Zealanders who are Gluten Intolerant. Welcome to my blog, where I hope to compile resources on gluten free cooking, recipes, products, shops, bakeries, and more!

Stay Tuned as I give you perspective on diet and going gluten free, along with some tips on going dairy free... as I have a knack for being intolerant to that too!

Be sure to Bookmark Us, and Feel Free To Post comments :)

Until Next Time

Lucy
The Gluten Free Kiwi

1 comment:

Gavin said...

Hey Lucy!

I'm a Brit living in chch, and since I arrived here I've been struck b y the large number of people who claim gluten sensitivities and well as celiacs. It's a much larger proportion to the one I'm used to back home in England. I've lived in three major cities in my life their, and during that time (30 yrs) I think I might have met 5 people with sensitivities such as wheat protein. So, my question is this. Why are their so many people in NZ with wheat issues? Is it the genetics of the early colonists? Is it a local wheat supply problem? Am I amagining that their are more here? I'm also seeing a lot more people over here with dairy allergies. Could this be a symptom of a health food scarte/fad? I don't for a second doubt your condition Lucy, but I am confused about these numbers. Can you help?! Cheers, Mike - Lyttelton
gavstar78@hotmail.com