Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gluten Free Sunshine Coast


Well the Gluten Free Kiwi is on holiday with her family!
And The Sunshine Coast of Australia... is a great place
for any Gluten Free Kiwi To Holiday!

I am having a fab time, sun, surf, sand!

The weather has been perfect since I got here, warm, so I have slapped on the sunscreen and am currently out on the deck, picking up the wireless signal for my computer from a shop down the road! Fantastic!

Although I am on holiday, I have been on a gluten free mission, and reviews heaps of places around Mooloolaba and Maroochydore.

Since I got here, I have been pleased with the amount of gluten free places to dine out, and found it really easy!

My only problem is that the apartment I am staying in has super sensitive smoke detectors, and you get a fine if you set them off, so I am a bit scared of cooking, so its lots of salads and cold foods... and If I want something warm... Someone else can cook it for me!

Here are just a few Gluten Free Spots I have found in My Travels:

When I first arrived into Brisbane... I was Skeptical about gluten free choices, but as soon as i got up the coast, things were great.

Brisbane:

Brisbane Airport


Mooloolaba:

Cracked Pepper Brassiree and Bar

The Thai Season Mooloolaba

Coles Supermarket

Starbucks

Juice Bar

Jamacian Blue


Maroochydore:

Starbucks Sunshine Plaza

Muffin Break Sunshine Plaza


I have been here for 3 days so far, and am looking forward to going to the seafood festival tonight, I walked past them setting everything up this morning when I was walking along the beach! Should be fun, and I hope there is some gluten free seafood for me!

I will keep you updated on my gluten free finds!
And you can find more details on my trip at
Gluten Free Kiwi: Gluten Free Sunshine Coast.

No comments: